Thursday, June 25, 2009

The hardest thing I have done in a great while

As many know we are moving. I thought I had found a new home for my beloved Tess. She has been a loyal companion for the last 8 years and we can't take her with us. It is breaking my heart. The new home didn't work out so I just came back from taking her to the humane society. OMG that was so hard. I just threw away my contacts from crying. I don't know how I made it home without wrecking the van. Please pray that someone will take one look at her and decide to adopt her. I have told them I will sponsor her for adoption. When I left they were leading her to a kennel outside. She is such an inside dog I am not sure she will even survive this heat. My heart is broken.

1 comment:

herkkie205 said...

This may seem a mean comment at this time but I feel more sorry for Tess than for you. How can you drop a "beloved" friend off at the pound? She has given you unconditional love for 8 YEARS! I don't know all the details of your move but I moved over 2,000 miles with 3 dogs. Yes, it was hard but we did it. You're brokenhearted? So am I after reading this and I'm sure Tess is too. I would have put her to sleep rather than have her endure the circumstances she is now going thru. I certainly won't read your blog any longer.