Monday, April 5, 2010

Sizzling Chicken Fajitas.

One of the things I loved best about summer is grilling out. I know that having a gas grill means I could do it year around but I don't like the cold, lol. So I am doing fajitas tonight. There used to be a place called Tumbleweed here that had the best fajitas. They closed but I have their receipe. Give this a try -

8 boneless, skinless Tyson chicken tenders (frozen)
1 bottle Wishbone Italian dressing
1 each red pepper and green pepper sliced matchstick style
1 sweet onion sliced into rings (1/4" thick)
1 lime, halfed
Mission flour tortillas

Put chicken, peppers, onion and 3/4 bottle of dressing in a gallon ziplock bag in the morning before work/school, refrigerate. That evening spray the grill with PAM, turn on the grill and place chicken on it. Take heavy duty foil and create a packet with the onions/peppers in it and lay on grill. Cook chicken until done, flipping once. Open packet and lay chicken on top of vegtables. Squirt half lime over the chicken. Continue grilling until vegetables are tender/crisp. Remove from heat. Lay out flour tort and layer in chicken/vegtables. You may also add cheese if desired. Either way, yummy! Since I work at the Farmer's Market I stock up on peppers in season, chop, and freeze. This also works well on a George Foreman.

No comments: