Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The best made plans

I was supposed to have had the last few days off and hoped to be able to ship lots of my orders early since I could work. I did get alot done Sunday and Monday. But I made the mistake of answering my phone yesterday morning when I was still sleeping. I got called into work as my coworker had gotten hurt. Today we went to Nashville. For those that read my blog you will know that in early May we had devestating floods in this area. My elderly aunt and uncle barely got out alive and lost most of the contents of their house (photos in blog old listings). We got word yesterday that the repairs to the house were aproaching completion and they would get to move back in. So we went down today to drive her to get basics (shower curtains, draperies, pots/pans, etc for their home. They had been staying in an assisted living apartment until they could get back in. It was wonderful to see her happy and actually hear my uncle talk (he is blind and had a stroke). Imagine being in your 80's, bad health and having to leave your home and all possessions behind to get out with your lives. They were lucky they did. So now we begin the process of getting them moved back in. Walking through the house today I was amazed at the progress. Actually the progress of recovery of that whole area was amazing as we had seen it at its worst. The motto of recovery has been Nashville Rising! And it is true, from the muck, mud and tears, hope and recovery has risen. There is a very long road to travel but now you can see the road. Thank you to all that have prayed for my family during this.

All orders will be shipped on time and I hope to get to the point soon where I am shipping early again. For that reason I haven't been listing anything new in my etsy store for the last few days. My customers have been wonderful about spreading the word for me and business has been great.

No comments: